Rusticated Brigham to Fix Excessive Fills.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I'm with you on this.

Last year I ordered a pipe from one of our sponsor's EU branch. Paid my money and waited 3 months - no delivery.
I was expecting Covid-related delays, but 3 months with no pipe and no communication ?
I cancelled my order. I thought the least they could have done was to send me an e-mail every few weeks to say there were shipping delays, but that shipment was on the cards still. Very poor, or in fact, no customer service.

I ordered from another UK-based retailer - pipe delivered in 3 weeks !
Well that's just it, isn't it? If the company would have kept me updated in that situation I would have waited and understood the delay. But to leave a guy hangin' in the breeze like that? Shameful. Reminds me of Joe Pesci in that Lethal Weapon flick when he complains about the drivethru.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Well those are certainly brass pins in the stem. Would that have been done at the factory? The briar is marked Italy.
Yes, when they were being manufactured in Canada. And if I'm not mistaken, the brass dots used to denote the grading of the pipe were discontinued when they moved production to Italy. An Italy manufactured pipe would have an acrylic tenon as opposed to the aluminum tenon.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Yes, when they were being manufactured in Canada. And if I'm not mistaken, the brass dots used to denote the grading of the pipe were discontinued when they moved production to Italy. An Italy manufactured pipe would have an acrylic tenon as opposed to the aluminum tenon.
I knew they used to be Canadian made, that's what drew me to them in the first place. This one doesn't have the aluminum tenon however, it's a black plastic one. Or delrin or whatever they call it.

Could it be an old stem that was repaired? This pipe suddenly got more interesting! How did an old stem wind up on an Italian made briar? Could it have been old stock that they were trying to use up after they moved production?

Reactions: ofafeather

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I knew they used to be Canadian made, that's what drew me to them in the first place. This one doesn't have the aluminum tenon however, it's a black plastic one. Or delrin or whatever they call it.

Could it be an old stem that was repaired? This pipe suddenly got more interesting! How did an old stem wind up on an Italian made briar? Could it have been old stock that they were trying to use up after they moved production?

In looking through the link I provided, apparently they still use brass dots to grade the lower 3 grades of the pipes. I had thought they discontinued that.

I have a number of older Canadian made Brighams, and one recently made Heritage. I like their pipes.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.