PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Hello folks. Has anyone had any experience with the online vendor royalmeerschaum?

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I ordered a replacement pipe stem from them pretty recently, no problem. Their site seems a little weird sometimes—it seems to flicker when viewing on my phone. I have never purchased a pipe, though.

Reactions: Deano

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
I ordered a replacement pipe stem from them pretty recently, no problem. Their site seems a little weird sometimes—it seems to flicker when viewing on my phone. I have never purchased a pipe, though.
Thank you. I get the flickering also. They have a claw meer im thinking about. Im waiting on an ebay meer so guess l should wait until l get it before buying another. 😀 Thanks again.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Well the ebay pipe arrived today and its boxed up ready to return. The stem doesnt line up right with the shank. He offered to replace but l told him l would prefer to return for a refund. If it was a $50 pipe l wouldnt kick but for $200 l will take the refund.

Reactions: drayve85

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
The ebay one is out for delivery so l will wait. But thanks for the advice. 😀
Not a problem. Free advice, anytime!lol

Well the ebay pipe arrived today and its boxed up ready to return. The stem doesnt line up right with the shank. He offered to replace but l told him l would prefer to return for a refund. If it was a $50 pipe l wouldnt kick but for $200 l will take the refund.
Yeah, I wouldn’t accept that for a high-mid grade pipe. I bought a Tekin that had the draft hole slightly out of dead center, but I kept it. Luckily, it’s a terrific smoker, but I won’t accept a pipe that doesn’t have straight drilling, and shank-stem lining up.

Oh, and remember, if it has the push-pull Teflon (or delrin, can’t remember.) stems, make sure to unscrew the part from the shank, and see if there’s any ‘Baccy juices down in the threads. Idk if that helps with coloring, or not, but to me it seems like those juices could get pretty nasty after a while. Just be careful not to unscrew it too much for fear of damaging the threads on the meerschaum side.

Oh yeah, and PICTURES! when you get the pipe(s) you’re keeping!😅😅

Reactions: Deano

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Not a problem. Free advice, anytime!lol

Yeah, I wouldn’t accept that for a high-mid grade pipe. I bought a Tekin that had the draft hole slightly out of dead center, but I kept it. Luckily, it’s a terrific smoker, but I won’t accept a pipe that doesn’t have straight drilling, and shank-stem lining up.

Oh, and remember, if it has the push-pull Teflon (or delrin, can’t remember.) stems, make sure to unscrew the part from the shank, and see if there’s any ‘Baccy juices down in the threads. Idk if that helps with coloring, or not, but to me it seems like those juices could get pretty nasty after a while. Just be careful not to unscrew it too much for fear of damaging the threads on the meerschaum side.

Oh yeah, and PICTURES! when you get the pipe(s) you’re keeping!😅😅
Yes l will post a pic of the claw l ordered from Royal Meerschaum.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It is strange but when I first pitched up here years and years ago you hardly saw any meerschaum smokers about other than the odd figural fellow. Fast forward and the place is now crawling with people restoring and smoking ancient meerschaum pipes. Maybe we should have a 'Classic Pipe Magazine' like they have a 'Classic Bike Magazine' in the U.K! The resurgence of meerschaum smoking goes beyond anything I ever thought was possible especially when you see the number of people on here that smoke the humble 'cutty' pipe, be it either meerschaum or clay. It is so very gratifying!

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
It is strange but when I first pitched up here years and years ago you hardly saw any meerschaum smokers about other than the odd figural fellow. Fast forward and the place is now crawling with people restoring and smoking ancient meerschaum pipes. Maybe we should have a 'Classic Pipe Magazine' like they have a 'Classic Bike Magazine' in the U.K! The resurgence of meerschaum smoking goes beyond anything I ever thought was possible especially when you see the number of people on here that smoke the humble 'cutty' pipe, be it either meerschaum or clay. It is so very gratifying!
I bought my first one three or so years ago and now have five. I have two that are rediculously big and ornate and l mainly use them for looking at 😀 but this one and my other two will get the most use.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Smaller than l imagined but l like a smaller bowl unless im smoking flake. Seems well made and drilling is spot on and stem fits nicely.

Reactions: didimauw

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
"This pipe is in overall good condition. There are teeth marks on stem. There is a crack around the outside base of the bowl but it is not loose or coming apart at all and does not affect air flow. The rim is charred. Needs to be cleaned."

Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 8.52.20 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus