Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Title sums it up. How would you compare the two? I recently received a sample of R&B.

I really enjoy Rouxgaroux and would really put it almost in a daily smoke category.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Title sums it up. How would you compare the two? I recently received a sample of R&B.

I really enjoy Rouxgaroux and would really put it almost in a daily smoke category.
I find them both similar in flavor but the perique puts the edge to Rouxgaroux in my opinion

Reactions: isaac

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Different blends to me. Little more of a bright/brown/mahogany thing with R&B, and very light in the perique. Rouxgaroux is a red VA/Per and red wine taste to me. Tangy and sweet.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Different blends to me. Little more of a bright/brown/mahogany thing with R&B, and very light in the perique. Rouxgaroux is a red VA/Per and red wine taste to me. Tangy and sweet.
Actually, Rouxgaroux has reds, stoved and bright Virginias with the perique. The red wine you notice comes from the casing on the red Virginias, which is the lead component. R&B has several grades of red Virginias and virtually an equal amount of stoved Virginia. As you note, it's very light on the perique.

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA

Those two are among my favorites, each similar but different enough to enjoy both. Another close one to me is Simply Voriental.
If I want something pleasingly sweet that smokes with no effort, I'll grab one of those three.

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
Interesting considering Sutliff tobaccos were used to make Rouxgaroux.
I'm sure it's my taste. I have each on hand, but the Match Elizibethian is bland tasting to me. I don't have a thing against Sutliff tobaccos, I just don't get anywhere near the same taste in the two. LOL
They also smell nothing alike to me, so I figure that applies as well.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm sure it's my taste. I have each on hand, but the Match Elizibethian is bland tasting to me. I don't have a thing against Sutliff tobaccos, I just don't get anywhere near the same taste in the two. LOL
There was talk of a change in the blend a few years ago. All of mine is from 2017.

Reactions: Bobby Bailey