PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
This morning the Enumclaw plateau was hit with a terrible rain storm with thunder and lightening. The rain was comparable to a Hawaiian monsoon, and the lightening was hitting within a mile of our house. There was absolutely no wind.
Normally I'd just say it was a bad storm, and the rain was needed, but I walked outside to pee the dog and saw this. Thankfully we're insured and it's just a hassel, but it's a hell of a way to start the day.

I don't care if it's 9:00 am, I think this might call for a pipe of Troutsteam and a Bloody Mary.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Wow. Not fun to deal with. The pipe is a no brainer, but make the Bloody Mary a double!

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
That sucks man. I know this doesn't help any, but I've seen too many awnings like that ruined in rain and wind. The rule I use for mine is I never leave it out if I'm not using it, and I never have it out if It's going to rain hard or a possibility of any wind over 15 mph.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The forecast was for rain with a possibility of thunder storm. No wind was present and the rain was suppose to be light. The storm caught everyone by surprise.

Yikes, not good. I had a tree limb fall on my tent when camping at the Indiana Dunes National Park in a storm. It landed right between me and my kids, which scared us to death, with all of the wind and rain. But, more than just a few RV's got a lot of damage also. I hope this doesn't put a bad flavor on your camping.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
sorry to see that man! But, troutstream and a bloody marry sounds pretty damn good.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I'm with ae1pt.
Really though, that's a hell of a way to start the morning. Sorry brother.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Doesn't look like anything a couple 2x4's, some coathangers, and a roll of duct tape can't fix...
I'm strongly considering it . . . still waiting on the insurance company's reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.