PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Santa brought a ROPP estate with the horn stem. Smoking it right now. This pipe is so light I am shocked. Worried I will break it to be honest. Even this light it has a decent sized bowl, but so small overall. It is drilled perfectly and smokes well, no odd flavors yet. I smoke bigger pipes usually, love Pete's. Used to a certain size in my hand. But this little toy pipe may be something I need to explore more. Anayway, found it funny to smoke and thought I would see what you all thought about these little ROPP's.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Hi Paul,
That is accurate for this straight, maybe Prince shape. Delicate is the word that comes to mind. It smoked well and I am impressed with it. Just sorta feel like a giant playing tea with it lol.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I have been debating about that Ropp 347T and the savinelli 402. I bought the 402 for the same price on sale. It felt way smaller and lighter than I thought, but it's still a 2-hr flake pipe for me. I love it. The Ropp is on my list too. Sexy! How is the horn stem? Will it hold up to clenching?

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I have one. A straight bulldog variety. I like it quite a bit. Enjoy!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The only Ropp I own, with their name on it, that is, is a sweet smallish classic paneled bent Cherrywood with a bark branch shank and vulcanite stem. It's a wonderful flake smoker! Lightweight, comfortable bit and easily clenched is desired.

Ropp has been making pipes awhile, and likely has provided livelihood for several generations.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The only Ropp I own, with their name on it, that is, is a sweet smallish classic paneled bent Cherrywood with a bark branch shank and vulcanite stem. It's a wonderful flake smoker! Lightweight, comfortable bit and easily clenched is desired.

Ropp has been making pipes awhile, and likely has provided livelihood for several generations.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
tkcolo, well so far the stem is quite nice. Different feel, seems solid but the top layers seem to soften slightly as you smoke it. It is a twin bore and the pipe is so light I am actually learning to relax my jaw more than usual.
Overall I am impressed with it. It is still odd to smoke a pipe that literally fits in my hand, bowl to bit in my hand. I can close my hand and it disappears lol. I also break out into my Jacques Cousteau and start talking about the wonderful deep blue ocean!!

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I love my Ropp Superior Straight Bulldog. I've been eyeing the horn stems. Mine is a fabulous smoker.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
My two Current Ropps are those paneled straight models of their superior Algerian serie with vulcanite stems, note;stem tenon has is wide and thus will accept either 4mm denicotea paperfilters or 4mm metal stringers, yet mortise seems to be drilled very open,and due to aforementioned factors the draw in thrse my pipes is very open.Briar quality is super.

Status
Not open for further replies.