PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
If you are a Ropp collector (I'm up to 19), this is the place for you. Even if you don't speak French, it has hundreds of pictures showing the history of the Ropp family operations and tons of factory views. If you will bookmark Google Word Monkey to your tool bar, it's easy to select text and translate into English.

As for me, I've been collecting ornamental cherry and although I'm not sure about all the techniques (such as pressure-cooking and boiling to cure and prevent bark separation), these pictures contain a wealth of information.
Go to: http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/inventai/presenta/visites/ropp/index.html

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
That link is a great find. I recently picked up a Ropp pipe, and did not know anything about the manufacturer. This site was exactly what I had hoped to find

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Here is a few other Links that are helpful. I did a google search on "L'usine de pipes Ropp" and hit images and it pulled up alot of information. Most of them were in French though. Here is a couple Pics that were interesting:
9LvTx.jpg

LRvi9.jpg

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Nice site my translator isnt working at the moment so have to go back and have a nose> I am looking for a new ropp stem at the moment So are interested in what they have to say

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Hey seanz, Lonestar just put a new bit on my Ropp. He may be able to hook you up. I would give him a shout.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Thanks for the link! Just acquired my first Ropp, this will be a great read.

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks Ghost, when I get a little more time I am hoping to add some more information in this thread. I really like my ROPP, and information was not readily available. Hopefully it will help other people with ROPP pipes get information.

Aug 10, 2012
I started another thread about cherrywoods (type of wood). I just bought one, not a Ropp. Are there some special attentions to be taken for a cherrywood pipe? Break in? way of smoking?

cheers

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I've had a now-well-used Ropp Cherrywood since the mid 1970s. They make a great product that offers a nice smoking experience. The only problem I've found is that the stem tends to get loose as the cherrywood in the shank wears away.

Status
Not open for further replies.