PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
I recently picked up an estate Ropp pipe. It is on my profile in my Album: http://pipesmagazine.com/members/southernbriar/album/picture/5660 I does not currently have a bit. I want to get it sent off for to have the bit put on and cleaned. I am not sure the bit to get for it though or even the best place to send it. Does anyone know how well these smoke? I kinda like it and am anxious to see how well it does. I found a post on here that had a link in it to the French site that made it back in the day. It was really cool. Thanks in advance for any tips and advice anyone may have.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/ropp-pipes-french-web-site-shows-the-history-of-manufacture?replies=2#post-278403

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
That's an awesome looking pipe man. I know of a guy on here named Lonestar. He makes really nice pipes and fashions his own bits from rod. I would message him. If he can't help you I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. Welcome to the forums by the way!!!

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
IN regards to how they smoke I like em! Mine needed a bit of touching up here and there But after a bit of TLC Its an awesome smoker. Its well worth getting the stem, An idea would be to keep your eye out for any old ones online and see if you sdnag a stem that way

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Here is an update. Thank you Lonestar. I sent it to him to bring it back to life and he did a great Job! I am anxious to try it out with Esoterica - Stonehaven I think over the week end.
This is how I got it:
8sD0T.jpg

After Lonestar repaired it:
dw3Cq.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Cool ! I dont remember the pipe being quite that big :nana:

Glad it made it back to you alright. I was going to send along an extra bowl I have, but the screw in shank on yours was too big to fit. Hope you enjoy it !

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Great job! Another pipe saved.
You'll need some very large flakes though...

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
I wish I knew how to shrink those pics down to a more sizable view lol. Tonight I am smoking on the first bowl through it. I am smoking Esoterica- Stonehaven through it. I am impressed on how well it smokes. It has a very nice draw and smokes pretty cool. With the bend the stem is almost 5 inches. If anyone has an opportunity to pick one of these up at an estate sell, I truly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.