PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

machellman

Lurker
Jun 7, 2022
Brand new - only smoked a single pipe ever.

Sister bought me a churchwarden-esque cheap pipe from amazon 'cause i've always liked the idea of pipes - smoked it once just for giggles, and needless to say I am onboard!

Smoked my share of cigars, both aromatics and non - so excited to explore the pipe tobacco world.

Just ordered a cheap estate pipe for my first on a whim, as well as a cheap cob and not too long ago started working on crafting my own ( mainly for fun and learning, we'll see how she goes)

Also, quick question if that's okay in an introduction. Any tried and true way I can identify the wood used in the cheap pipe my sister bought me? I'd like to use it still for sentimental value.

Cheers!

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Welcome from New Mexico. Those inexpensive pipes off amazon could be made of a variety of woods. I'd find out what brand the pipe is and that may lead you in the right direction.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
We
Brand new - only smoked a single pipe ever.

Sister bought me a churchwarden-esque cheap pipe from amazon 'cause i've always liked the idea of pipes - smoked it once just for giggles, and needless to say I am onboard!

Smoked my share of cigars, both aromatics and non - so excited to explore the pipe tobacco world.

Just ordered a cheap estate pipe for my first on a whim, as well as a cheap cob and not too long ago started working on crafting my own ( mainly for fun and learning, we'll see how she goes)

Also, quick question if that's okay in an introduction. Any tried and true way I can identify the wood used in the cheap pipe my sister bought me? I'd like to use it still for sentimental value.

Cheers!
Welcome from Virginia

OldWill

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 9, 2022
Blanco, Texas
Welcome from Central Texas. If you can identify the Amazon listing, it should tell you the wood types for churchwardens, it is likely pear wood or rosewood.

Reactions: Bob the bear