PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This is disturbing on many levels. That attendant needed to mind his own business.

I make my living investigating the stupidity of the human species and fire events.

I think I just lost a potential scene investigating.

It was pretty inconsiderate, wasn't it?

A perfectly good disaster waiting to happen, with cops, firemen, reporters, and scene investigators like yourself waiting in the wings, then... nothing.

"Saved" by a bystander.

Maybe you could sue them for deprivation of income somehow? (if that's even a thing)

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I don't know what to say... Damn fools. Just imagine the damage and carnage this could've caused.
At least the guy looked ashamed at the end. All that gray hair but where's the wisdom?

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I think they were lovers, he didn't want to waste time getting to the motel, his adrenaline was pumping. That was the mistake, he was eager to give the girl a kiki wiki. And he didn't know what he was doing. Yes, I know it's a risky analysis, but I took a crash course in human pathologies at a second hand liquor store.

Something wrong there ... those tires were full enough ... seems staged or they were up to no good as they used to say in the old days. Clearly that nozzle would not fit a tire valve. She pretends to not know but she said We're trying to put gas in the tires ... ??? then she pretends to see the air pump elsewhere ???
Phony acting ...
That is exactly what I was thinking. The nozzle would have never fit. They might have just emptied a tank into the air, while emptying whatever air was left in the tire.

Reactions: kcghost and JOHN72

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Looking at it again without sound I think they were just 'totally clueless' about filling tires and perhaps much else that life requires ... it seems they never saw the propane tank behind the pump ...

Looking at it again without sound I think they were just 'totally clueless' about filling tires and perhaps much else that life requires ... it seems they never saw the propane tank behind the pump ...
Also, the store really should have secured that hose. Most of the time they take the nozzle end off for security. Despite the ignorant people, someone could easily steal their propane.