PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
I shall watch The Dead Poets Society in his honor. May he rest with the Immortal Gods!
toadshade

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
One of the best things I EVER saw him on was 'Inside the Actors Studio' a few years ago. Two hours of ad lib. It was amazing. I agree woodsroad, people that creative, you never know.
tinner

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
This is disturbing news.
I think his best film was Dead Poets Society, in which he exhorts his students to think the greatest poets were once boys like them. "They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."
Rest in peace.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
+1 rsuniv "Oh Captain My Captain You're Fearful Trip Is Done, You're Ship Has Weatherd Every Rack The Prize You Sought Is Won" RIP Robin Williams such a loss.

mrcloud

Lurker
Jul 23, 2014
I shall make it a point this week to watch some of his videos this week comforted with a pipe. I am saddened by this news. He was, and still is, a great man.

We watched The World According to Garp last night. It was one of my favorites by him, because the movie echos so much of my own life(I know, I'm weird). He really played the span of teen to adult very well for a young man himself. It's really rare for someone to not only be gifted in comedy, but also as an actor in general.

He will be missed.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Loved his work. His rendition of Popeye is so good, I don't anyone could top it. Talk about bringing a comic strip to life, he did.

Godspeed Robin.

Jan 8, 2013
I agree, Jason. That's why I included the photo of him as Popeye in the first post. Well that and the fact that it's a pipe related. But I remember being a young child when that movie came out. I loved the Popeye cartoons, and when that movie came out it was like Popeye brought to life for me. It has been to this day my favorite Robin Williams movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.