PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
The weather forecast for the weekend is clear,dry and sunny. So,I'm thinking I might get the sports car out for one last road trip of the year and head to Boswell's in Chambersburg. It is about a one and a half to two hour drive depending on which scenic route I take.

I'll stock up on some Cherry Smash, North Woods and possibly some Boswell's Best Premium Burley. Who knows, I might even come back with a new pipe.

Is it just me or does shopping at a pipe shop add to the whole pipe smoking experience? Don't get me wrong, I love the internet and without it I wouldn't be able to get much of the tobacco that I smoke, not to mention the harder to come by brands that I'd like to try.

I dunno, I know I'm old school but it just ain't the same when your tobacco comes by mail.I suppose the reality is that those pipe shops/ news stands aren't coming back; that is why I support a guy like Boswell every chance I get. Just for the record, I get most of my tobacco shipped to me from Boswell's but even that isn't the same.

Anyone else feel that way?

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Yep, the internet is a great thing, but there just something special about being in an actual B&M where you can smell all the tobacco, and handle a pipe before you buy it for sure. I'm just saddened that a city the Size of Atlanta now only has a couple of shops left where there used to be well over a dozen, and they are all over 50 miles away from me, and it's not really worth the effort to drive to them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.