PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Completed after a two year delay, but I'm not complaining, a beautiful and faithful rendition of Bo's Favorite by the great pipe maker, Bob Davison of RM Pipes!
I originally commissioned this pipe from Bob in 2013 and asked him to replicate the pipe Bo Nordh is pictured with which has a crack in the bowl. Bengt Carlson, Bo's friend, originally made a few copies after Bo passed and can be seen in the photo surrounding Bo's own in the center. Bob took a leave of absence from pipe making and, out of the blue, contacted me on 10/25/2015 to tell me that he had completed the pipe! The pipe was fitted with a different stem than the original which was different than the Bo's Favorite and can be seen in the photos. Bob had the original stem and fitted it to the pipe to complete his rendition of the Bo's Favorite.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Awesome idea for a pipe and I must say it turned out to be a real beauty. Enjoy. :puffy:

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Thanks, guys! Who's next? Good question! I really have no idea.
This one was a couple of years in the making. I recall now that while reading the book, Bo Nordh Pipemaker, by Jan Anderson, I was intrigued by how such a great and talented pipe maker, who could have made himself or kept any one of his masterpieces for his own smoking pleasure, chose to keep that old cracked bowled bent pipe for himself! Goes to show you, if it smokes great, keep it and smoke it! One of the chapters talked about how after Bo passed, his friend Bengt Carlson made a few copies of that cracked bowl pipe as a tribute to Bo. I thought, what a great pipe to own for both its historic and sentimental value. With only a few produced by Bengt I figured I would neither find nor afford one any time soon so when I got in touch with Bob, the idea just popped up and I sent a few photos and then it became dormant while Bob worked through some personal matters. I was shocked when he reached back out with a photo of the completed pipe! It did have a different stem than what he originally had on the stummel which was different from the stem on Bo's or Bengt's versions so I asked him to place it back on and viola!
It should arrive today, just in time for tomorrow night's pipe club meeting!
Happy Smokes!
Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.