Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Ah crap Simon. So sorry to hear of Weezell's passing. You and he got me hooked on Condor, and so I always enjoyed the banter coming from you two. My next smoke will be in his honor with a bowl of old Condor. RIP Weez. Thanks for letting us know

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Indeed. I will leave this to run for a few more days and then I will have each post printed out and assembled as a book of condolences and sent to his wife Sue. There was no funeral as Dave specifically didn't want one, just a private cremation so I guess we gave him a good send off here at Pipes Magazine. I will post the obituary announcement from the funeral home when I receive it tomorrow. I am sure the family will be touched by all the sentiments expressed on here. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers for my friend Dave.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Weezell obituary posting from the funeral home.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
condorlover1:

My late friend Gene Hill once wrote, in part, "Someone once said that the only place you can bury a dog is in your heart. That way you can call the dog in for a little chat now and then... You can hunt a day or so again, together, when you need a certain kind of memory -- another day you like better than the one you're living in right now."

Based upon what you wrote, I believe that the same thing could be said of Weezell. May memories of him sustain you, his family, and us through the years.