PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
There's a multi-part Monty Python documentary on Netflix, that I watched last week. I can't say I was the biggest of Python fans, but I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary, and all of the members contributed much in the way of interviews. Terry Jones, along with the other surviving members, all seemed like great guys. At the time of filming, only Graham Chapman had passed. I watched Life of Brian after watching this little series, and that was funny as hell, too. Sorry to hear of this loss.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
May he rest in peace. He's on the left here, and Graham Chapman has the pipe.

_110608327_python_cut.jpg

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Ah man. Was it that wafer-thin mint that did him in? Or maybe that German joke? Ack, something rather more sad but although the giant foot has come down on his life the legacy he leaves behind in his jokes and sketches will continue to add laughter to my life.

Jun 9, 2018
England

One of the most hilarious sketch shows ever produced.

Regards,

Jay.

I hadn't heard as I haven't been watching the news in the past couple of days.
That's a real shame, Monty Python was a truly original and funny show that influenced so many other comedians that came after.

“Now, you listen here! He’s not the Messiah. He’s a very naughty boy!”

Another ledgend gone :(.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That troupe had more fun than any comedy group I know. So many show people are so miserable behind the scenes, hate their colleagues, have miserable personal lives, just seem to be cursed except when they are in front of the camera or onstage. But the Python gang always seemed to be enjoying themselves and each other, a rare and beautiful thing. And always the wicked humor, so irreverent and so funny.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
only the good die young. 77 wasn't bad. will be watching holy grail to remember him. i lost one of my best friend just a month ago. i hope rest of the monty python members are doing ok.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.