PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
He’s been releasing a lot of music lately too. Prolific until the end. You’re right, he was an og for sure.
I didn't realize that he'd written a book about his nightmarish covid experience -- 4 weeks in a medically induced coma!
His memoir, Sing Backwards and Weep, is brutal and really well done. Still recovering from reading it. I guess Bourdain is the one who convinced him to write his story.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
WTF w/these great grunge artists. Singer/song writer for Screaming Trees, Queen of the Stone Age, and Gutter Twins. Collaborator w/Chris Cornell and Soundgarden, Layne Staley and Mad Season, Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney… Singles Soundtrack, etc., etc. I’m bummed? RIP?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I didn't realize that he'd written a book about his nightmarish covid experience -- 4 weeks in a medically induced coma!
His memoir, Sing Backwards and Weep, is brutal and really well done. Still recovering from reading it. I guess Bourdain is the one who convinced him to write his story.
I didn’t know about that either! Definitely going to check that out. I’m looking into his memoir too, though a quick search I can only find the audio book. Thanks!

Reactions: odobenus

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I've been jamming out to "Bubblegum" all morning, I forgot how much I love this album. It's going to be a day filled with his music. Do you all remember the work he did with Soulsavers? I forgot about them until this morning. His solo album that first won me over was, "Field Songs"... but, he's made so many excellent albums over the years!

• Love
Reactions: odobenus and STP

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I didn’t know about that either! Definitely going to check that out. I’m looking into his memoir too, though a quick search I can only find the audio book. Thanks!
I listened to the audiobook -- he reads it himself, in that inimitable voice of his, so of course it's excellent.
I've been jamming out to "Bubblegum" all morning, I forgot how much I love this album. It's going to be a day filled with his music. Do you all remember the work he did with Soulsavers? I forgot about them until this morning. His solo album that first won me over was, "Field Songs"... but, he's made so many excellent albums over the years!
Field Songs is also so damn good

• Love
Reactions: hawky454