RIP Kraftwerk Founder Florian Schneider.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Kraftwerk was the starting point for most of the weird, electronic noise I consume these days. RIP, Mr. Schneider.

View attachment 29020
RIP Mr. Schneider.

As a fellow electronic noise consumer, the roots of synth music actually go back 40 or so years earlier, the concepts of a synthesizer and electronic music had their origin in the Soviet union in the 1930s, and a lot of Kraftwerk's music (and robot scifi stage stuff) were heavily influenced by earlier Soviet electro-dance music.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"...and a lot of Kraftwerk's music (and robot scifi stage stuff) were heavily influenced by earlier Soviet electro-dance music."

Canucklehead, and lets not forget the haunting Dr. Who signature tune created by the BBC sound labs. Now that was way ahead of its time!

Try listening to it on a quality hi-fi set up, it will blow your mind!

Regards,

Jay.?

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
"...and a lot of Kraftwerk's music (and robot scifi stage stuff) were heavily influenced by earlier Soviet electro-dance music."

Canucklehead, and lets not forget the haunting Dr. Who signature tune created by the BBC sound labs. Now that was way ahead of its time!

Try listening to it on a quality hi-fi set up, it will blow your mind!

Regards,

Jay.?
Oh no, it's stuck in my head again... ? puffy

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I am a huge Kraftwerk fan but never understood how people went to see them live. Theres an excellent performance on youtube from the 60's before they went digital but after that I can't stand people going to see concerts where people stand behind computers and synthesizer playing programmed music. If you like Kraftwerk you may like Neu! and Cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.