RIP Burt Bacharach: Songwriter & Musician Dies Aged 94.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Which answers the question how long can one survive raindrops falling on his head.

Saw a pretty cool show somewhere not too long ago from when I think he was in his 80s doing some piano and singing as best he could and it was really cool.

Married to Angie Dickinson for a long time - many have no idea how many popular songs were written by him.

I'll still never understand what business "Raindrops" had being in "Butch Cassidy . . ." or the silly bike bit --- as a kid I wanted a harder hitting western, lol.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Which answers the question how long can one survive raindrops falling on his head.

Saw a pretty cool show somewhere not too long ago from when I think he was in his 80s doing some piano and singing as best he could and it was really cool.

Married to Angie Dickinson for a long time - many have no idea how many popular songs were written by him.

I'll still never understand what business "Raindrops" had being in "Butch Cassidy . . ." or the silly bike bit --- as a kid I wanted a harder hitting western, lol.
the man had a long career and you can still find songs you know but didn't know he wrote.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Never saw the movie. I always had a bit of envy for the man because, other than his artistic ability, he was married to my favorite sex symbol for a while. Lucky in love (for a while) and a huge talent for music. A lot to envy there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
94 ain't bad mileage. I believe he was raking in the royalties right along. A fat bank account does seem to make many people hang around.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
In addition to all of his great songs of the 1960s and later he made an album 20 years or so ago with Elvis Costello called " Painted From Memory" which is something very special indeed. Songs which required a mature and lived experience to write for listeners who were much the same. If you get a chance take more than one listen to it.

Reactions: mawnansmiff