PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This blend was brought to my attention once or twice over the last year but I never

got around to trying it. Luckily, thanks to a trade with Toby67, I have been able to

give the blend a try ... glad I did! :puffy:
I consider this blend to be a Balkan by my tastes.

Burley is there and forms a backbone but the Izmir dominates with its wonderful lemon / spice flavors.

The Latakia could be a little heavier, IMO, but is there enough to get the job done.

Overall, it is a buttery, citrusy, creamy smoke that is sure to satisfy the discriminating palate.

For those that like blends such as Balkan Sasieni or WhiteKnight ... give this a spin!

For those who have already tried it ... feel free to join in on the praise! :)

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
El Rincón de la Pipa is one of the most active Spanish pipesmoker's forums. The blend is a special request they made to 4noggins which apparently was good enough for them to include in their webpage.
There's a lot of knowledge in that forum, but they fancy themselves as some sort of libertarian movement so they kicked out the moderators and the forum is currently unmoderated, which leads to some interesting exchanges taking place...

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
One of my favorite go to blends, in the spring to fall it's my morning smoke then in the winter it's EMP. I have 2 pounds of it so far. I wouldn't call it a balkan, and it's not really a typical english, I'd say it's in it's own genre almost, a spanish blend I guess. I'm pretty sure the lemon flavor comes from G&H kendal flake, because when I tried that it was the same citrus flavor as I get from ERDP#1. I associate balkans with that incense like flavor people talk about. The unsweetened black cavendish in it ads an interesting aspect, but yes overall the izmir is the most upfront flavor to me. One of my desert Island blends, I like it better on the moist side as the lemon flavors really come through. I popped a jar with a year on it this summer and it had aged well.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
In my search and tasting to decide what bulk's to cellar, I tried this and the citrus was nice. The blend is interesting and I liked it enough to throw a pound in the cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.