PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you’re diagnosed with it, unfortunately
Well, of course, but I am referring to a behavior, not the illness.... like using the term, anal, moron, manic. You can be OCD about something without having the clinical or medical problem. I’m OCD about toothpaste at my house. The kids used to throw away or lose the top and get toothpaste everywhere. But, that doesn’t mean that I am OCD.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Well, of course, but I am referring to a behavior, not the illness.... like using the term, anal, moron, manic. You can be OCD about something without having the clinical or medical problem. I’m OCD about toothpaste at my house. The kids used to throw away or lose the top and get toothpaste everywhere. But, that doesn’t mean that I am OCD.

That is correct, it does not. Oh and by the way, I don’t need a lecture on OCD, rather, I could give one.

You seem rather content to ‘sniper’ other posters with your ‘jokes’. It’s both odious and cowardly. To me (and, trust me, others) you’re very insecure and childish.

So do us a favor and instead of hiding behind your “Oh, me? I’m only joking. It’s the other guy who’s not smart enough to get it” bull$#%t, come out and just say what you mean. Grow some balls for a change.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I never said that someone who gets all OCD over the rims staying pristine weren't "real" pipe smokers. I have some that I keep pristine also, but the pipes that I actually enjoy the hell out of, I could care less whether there was anything on the rims. They are well-loved and look it.

Charring the rim, is one thing though. That is irreversible. Getting some soot on the rim from an over oxidized flame (metal workers will know what I mean), or getting some cake creep up on the rim is another... Char is from bad lighting technique, soot or cake creep is just the natural consequence of smoking.
Char is easily fixed by holding the lighter above the bowl. Creep and soot... I wouldn't worry about those. You can clean that up today like a frantic OCD piper off his meds, or years down the line whenever it crosses your mind again, but the pipe is not being damaged by it.
Remind me not to buy a “cosmicfolklore” estate pipe ?

You seem rather content to ‘sniper’ other posters with your ‘jokes’. It’s both odious and cowardly. To me (and, trust me, others) you’re very insecure and childish.

So do us a favor and instead of hiding behind your “Oh, me? I’m only joking. It’s the other guy who’s not smart enough to get it” bull$#%t, come out and just say what you mean. Grow some balls for a change.

First off... I apologize for any misunderstandings. I was not targeting people (or any one particular person) with my comment using the term OCD. In rereading it, I am not sure how one would see that.

I was not lecturing you, just explaining my use of a pretty common term... at least here in the USA.

If you are offended, please use the "ignore" button so that you no longer see my posts. I will not be offended by someone ignoring me, especially if it prevents people from lashing out at me personally instead of the content of my post.

Reactions: mau1

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
First off... I apologize for any misunderstandings. I was not targeting people (or any one particular person) with my comment using the term OCD. In rereading it, I am not sure how one would see that.

I was not lecturing you, just explaining my use of a pretty common term... at least here in the USA.

If you are offended, please use the "ignore" button so that you no longer see my posts. I will not be offended by someone ignoring me, especially if it prevents people from lashing out at me personally instead of the content of my post.

Of course you apologize! You’re always the innocent victim in all of this!

You see, you’ve had it coming for quite some time now.

I’m not ignoring anyone, but the days of your BS going without appropriate response are over, I promise you that.

You’ve made your bed nice and neat. Now you’re going to lay in it.

;)

Reactions: Spa32 and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.