PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
What happened?
Lack of awareness and so lower than planned turnout.

“This wasn’t a decision we wanted to make but felt it best for all concerned. Due to unforseen obstacles, we had to schedule our show earlier than normal which pushed our announcement to fall too late. As such, we have not garnered the response to which we aspire, and we always want our shows to be first-class. We hope that this will give you time to change your plans and attend one of the other excellent pipe shows happening in September and October! “

Reactions: OverMountain

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
Lack of awareness and so lower than planned turnout.

“This wasn’t a decision we wanted to make but felt it best for all concerned. Due to unforseen obstacles, we had to schedule our show earlier than normal which pushed our announcement to fall too late. As such, we have not garnered the response to which we aspire, and we always want our shows to be first-class. We hope that this will give you time to change your plans and attend one of the other excellent pipe shows happening in September and October! “
Makes sense. Thanks.

larryspencer

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2009
West Texas
Well that's to bad, I thought it would have been a good venue, with the exception of it being close to Petersburg, availability of rooms, eateries et al. It seems the interest in Pipe shows has diminished?

Last edited:

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
I think the Vegas show killed Richmond, especially since Richmond was at a different venue, not at Sutliff. Major vendors had to choose. I’m happy about the Vegas show but sick of hearing about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Before the pandemic, the TAPS pipe show at the Raleigh Fairgrounds had up-sized to a larger venue at the Fairgrounds and it was gaining momentum. I think the volunteer organizers of these shows just find the on-again off-again aspect too time consuming. It's a large commitment of time anyway, and if the whole event is a definite maybe, it's more time than most want to spend.

Venues take time to cultivate, as do lodgings, rental tables, swag and drawings for prizes. To borrow a phrase, next year at the pipe show.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Before the pandemic, the TAPS pipe show at the Raleigh Fairgrounds had up-sized to a larger venue at the Fairgrounds and it was gaining momentum. I think the volunteer organizers of these shows just find the on-again off-again aspect too time consuming. It's a large commitment of time anyway, and if the whole event is a definite maybe, it's more time than most want to spend.

Venues take time to cultivate, as do lodgings, rental tables, swag and drawings for prizes. To borrow a phrase, next year at the pipe show.
Is TAPS still doing anything in Raleigh?