PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
So as a quick follow up to my post in Al's thread regarding last weekend's Richmond CORPS pipe show, here is the Clark Layton slightly canted billiard i scored off of Primal Chheda from Smokers Haven. I traded him the two pipes i posted for sale here recently plus a little cash and he even threw in a free tin of Smokers Haven Select Mixture which is in the pics. Primal is a stand up guy and extremely knowledgeable on all things pipe related, as he should be for the level of pipes he produces himself, which are absolutely gorgeous. He took the time to talk about the pipe making process and graciously and kindly answered my plethora of questions. He definitely earned a customer for life and told me to contact him if i ever wanted him to make me a commission and that he would go above and beyond to make sure i got my money's worth. My gf and i went over to Jeremy and his wife's place later that night and broke in our newly acquired briars over some Elijah Craig 12 year bourbon i brought and a couple UFO brews he so graciously provided. We both smoked some 4 year aged Solani Aged Burley Flake, and it was exquisite to say the least! All in all it was a memorable and great experience and the perfect end to the day.
Here are some pics i snapped pre-maiden smoke...
20141011_200745-600x450.jpg

20141011_200952-600x450.jpg

20141011_200822-600x450.jpg

20141011_200853-600x450.jpg

20141011_200837-600x450.jpg

20141011_200800-600x450.jpg

20141011_215201-600x450.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Very nice pipe! You'll be enjoying that one for a long, long time.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is an awesome pipe, I have eyed that one at Smokers Haven several times. Congrats!
I have been watching Layton's work and he is getting better and better.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks gentlemen, much appreciated! Bradley, i definitely thought of you on this one buddy, the size is right up your alley while still sufficing as a pretty damn good clencher and a lonnnnng cool smoke.
Al, yessir, that would be the same dirty rotten scoundrel! Him and i have become pretty good buddies and our spouses/significant others get along quite well also, so it works out well. They are great people and it's pretty cool that an internet forum with such great members like there are here can lead to coincidental acquaintances such as these with random strangers that you end up calling good friends and hanging out with in the real world. It also helps that coincidentally Jeremy lives like 2 miles down the street from me and about a block from the strip of bars/restaurants downtown where my gf and i go on the weekends with other friends of ours.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
^ Peck i agree (obviously) he is one to watch, along with Jason Cochey (Briar Bird) that at this point are still not on most people's radars. I selfishly hope they remain that way, but more so i hope that they get the attention and exposure that they so very well deserve in the near future. Both are quickly making leaps and bounds with their pipe making skills.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I have the Chedda/Layton collaboration pipe that I acquired at Smokers Haven last March. It smokes like a dream. Premal and Clark did a fantastic job in engineering and finish on the pipe. I think you will enjoy your pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.