PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
I noticed the Pedalling Piper really loves Revor plug. I looked and nobody has it in US shops. Does it exist in the US?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’m almost certain they can’t / won’t ship to the US. Used to be possible but sadly no longer. Against the UK laws.

Reactions: mingc

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
No UK vendor will ship outside the UK. Look at the red print on the linked page.
I have had no issues in the past ordering from either GQ or Cgars, along with some others. I thought the issues pertaining to shipping to the US was only to do with orders placed with a credit card and not UK legislation.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
No UK vendor will ship outside the UK. Look at the red print on the linked page.
I love the warning label on this pouch. 12 years smoking pipes and cigars and I personally have no problem staying potent lol. I am sure this warning has saved a life though.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I have had no issues in the past ordering from either GQ or Cgars, along with some others. I thought the issues pertaining to shipping to the US was only to do with orders placed with a credit card and not UK legislation.
Ah, so it's a Commonwealth conspiracy. Membership still has its privileges eh, old boy?! Heh.

I assume you didn't pay with a credit card?

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Ah, so it's a Commonwealth conspiracy. Membership still has its privileges eh, old boy?! Heh.

I assume you didn't pay with a credit card?
I did actually, as the credit card acquirer appears to only have set these “no tobacco” rules for US orders.

I wouldn’t be surprised if UK tobacconist just stop sending to the US as it’s too complicated. That said, reading between the lines on a few of the T&C pages it appears that if you are willing to email the store and place an order using a bank transfer (maybe wyse?) you can still get stuff sent over the pond.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
An EU law, prohibiting tobacco sales (via credit card) to countries outside the UK. Bit ironic in the case of Revor, originally a Scottish plug then moved down to Manchester. Now made in Denmark but only for sale in the UK.

Reactions: jpberg and Ahi Ka

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
An EU law, prohibiting tobacco sales (via credit card) to countries outside the UK. Bit ironic in the case of Revor, originally a Scottish plug then moved down to Manchester. Now made in Denmark but only for sale in the UK.
But the UK is no longer in the EU. Perhaps a discrete email and payment by other than credit card might work, as @Ahi Ka suggests. I might just try it. 😃

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
But the UK is no longer in the EU. Perhaps a discrete email and payment by other than credit card might work, as @Ahi Ka suggests. I might just try it. 😃
Being British, I'm aware we've left the EU, their laws have stayed though.
Not sure but I think you can still buy stuff with a credit card but they'll only ship to a UK address.

Reactions: jpberg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Government can’t stop controlling our lives. They want to control everything.
I’m more concerned with my wanting to control everything in my life.

Also, in the interim I suggest you try warhorse bar and GH dark flake unscented. These might be easier to get hold of and certainly head in the direction of Revor

Speaking of which. You all have @woodsroad and his integrity to blame for not having some rebranded Revor in the states. (Meant as a compliment not an insult brah)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: woodsroad and mingc