Revisiting Tobaccos that You’ve Hated...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I nearly got sick when I tried Mixture No. 79 ...it's still in down in my office somewhere. I keep a few samples of Latakia heavy blends around, too ..when I start thinking "why not retry English blends..." I just give those a whiff and come back to my senses ...more power to people who like all of the above, just doesn't work for me.

That said, I think it's a good idea to keep the stuff you don't like around ...time sweetens memories to effectively!

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I've got a jar with about 1.5 oz of 10 year old 1792 Flake. I keep it so there will be at least one thing I'm glad was destroyed if my house ever burns down. [wood knocked...twice]

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
Gaslight. Somebody sent me a plug to sample, and I hated it. I didn't like the taste, it was hard to keep lit, and the nicotine kicked my ass. I ended up chopping it up and mixing it with SG Black XX, which I also hated, and dried them on the woodstove. Overly dry, but the mix stayed lit, so I wasn't puffing like a freight train, and that kept the nicotine in check. And the flavors of the two offset each other, so the resulting mixture was at least palatable. Anyway, I kept hearing wonderful things about Gaslight, so after a year or so, I ordered a tin. Still hated it. This time it was just the flavor. It smoked fine; it just didn't taste good. After another year, I tried again. Got the big tin this time, and luckily it clicked for me. I don't know why. It didn't taste any different, but I suddenly had a new appreciation for the taste. It's one of my staples now.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Status
Not open for further replies.