PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kengivens

Lurker
Aug 14, 2019
Articles I’ve read refer to House of Windsor (Sutliff) and House of Philip Morris (Cornell and Diehl Epiphany) Revelation Match. I find Sutliff in many places but not one House of Philip Morris Match, except C&d. Any info on who might market HOPM Revelation Match? Or is Epiphany the best we have..

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Wrong sub forum. Move this to General discussion or the Pipe Tobacco Discussion Subs. This one’s for Selling/Trading/Search (specifically “I’m looking for...”)

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
As far as I’m aware the only “matches” are Sutliff’s revelation and C&Ds epiphany. Jim’s reviews compare them to the different versions, and from memory there are a few threads on the forum that talk about the differences between the matches.

Personally I prefer the Sutliff blend, whereas others like the C&D one. I haven’t tried doing this yet, but some people have suggested blending both of the matches together to get something more similar to the original - that’s, Sutliff’s topping with C&Ds leaf component ratios…maybe I shall try this tomorrow

Reactions: JimInks

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I never had the original but I do prefer the Sutliff Match to C & D Epiphany. Something I have done is sometimes I add a little more Perique to the Sutliff; just 1:10 since it already has some. I haven't tried mixing the two but might try that sometime.