PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Hey all.

I moved from cigars to pipes around 20 years ago. I used to spend a lot of time at a local shop and posted to the Brothers of Briar forum.

I haven’t been very active in the past 8 years, but still smoked off and on.

Recently, I started smoking more often and began reading to see what's been going on. I was sad to hear about McClellands and esp. the Syrian blends. However, my old cellar is now ripe with some well-aged tobaccos.

My former collecting focus was Ashtons (esp. Old Church pipes) and Radices (esp. twin bore).

I recently bought some Carolina Red Flake and a tin of Cringle Flake. TAD comes back fast.

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
Oofda. Greetings from Minnesota. Been smoking pipes on and off for forty plus years. Most recent acquisitions are from Jerry Crawford and Dave Neeb. Both are great pipe makers.
smoke all kinds of tobaccos, but my two standbys are Wilkes commander, and Presbyterian.
Happy New Year to all you Pipers.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome back!

The pipe world is great not only because of the relaxation having a bowl brings, but the people in the hobby are really good too.

If we ever get back to having pipe shows I'm always at the West Coast Pipe Show and I'm hoarding most of my McClelland blends to share at the show.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Welcome from Fresno, California! Carolina Red Flake is ok. It might become really good with 10 yrs age on it, at least I’m hoping so.... is the Cringle flake you got the 2019 or 2020?
It’s the 2020 version. I’d like to find some more. I may have to trade some of my vintage tins for it.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
only some people think you need to cellar like crazy. Honestly I imagine a lot of members being on their death beds many years from now trying to smoke bucket loads of pipe tobacco when they realize they bought too much and don't have time to finish it. Though even with that image in mind I imagine the disappointment is just not having the time to smoke more.

Status
Not open for further replies.