PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
To all my fellow pipe smokers.
I am retiring from the military this month. I have some excess gear I am going to try to unload. Before I put it on ebay or any other site. I thought I would give anyone on this forum first shot.
I know there are many folks out there who hunt, fish and are outdoors types. I have extra boonies hats (good for keeping the sun off the neck and head. Used them on many deployments I also have some brand new unused boots and much more.
I will also be unloading some pipes and accessories because I have to move in to small a smaller place.
Please PM if you are interested

Thanks Bryan

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
oldmannk:
Allow me to congratulate you on your retirement, and to thank you for your service to our country! From which branch are you retiring, and are you a 20-year man? Regardless, I salute you, Sir!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
oldmannk, congratulations on this huge milestone. I am at 13 years in and have the utmost admiration for those that have made it through the long haul. Thank you for your service to this great nation.
"I will also be unloading some pipes and accessories..."
With this in mind, is it safe to assume that you intend to make these items avaible here in the PM for sale/trade section?

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Thanks for your service, I leave the USMCR in 2016.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Congratulations on your pending freedom! I am not too far off retiring as well.
Hope you have some great plans made to enjoy yourself.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
oldmannk, congrats! I could only manage 6 years. I have the utmost respect for those of you who made the military your career.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Thanks to all for the kind words.
I made it as far as I could go unfortunately I did not complete my assignment / mission of 20 years. After many years of deployments, combat, and the stress and wear of the specialty job held while serving. I am sad to say I can go no further do to sustained injuries both physical and not so physical. I will always will identify as soldier first and it my heart. I loved everything about being one and taken care of/teaching young soldiers. Seeing them blossom into young men and great leaders. I know I have made my mark in the world and lifetime making it a better place for all know everyone can sleep a little easier at night.
However with all the cuts backs going on in the military along with the political climate, I believe its sadly time for me to move on after 18 years.
I will be living in Germany for awhile so I can be closer to my daughter and do some hunting and fishing.
Anyone who makes it out this way please hit me up for a get together. Woul love to have a meal with fellow pipers.
Bryan.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Bryan, let me be another to say, thank you sir for your dedicated service.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Bryan, you're the man and congrats on the upcoming retirement. THANK YOU for your service to our country and for all you have sacrificed. Cheers, brother!

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Congratulations, Bryan. You'll feel like an alien your first few months after discharge. All will normalize in good time. You did your bit. Now, look forward to the future. Good things are ahead.
Please keep in touch.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you for your service, from one of those young men that took some mentorship to heart from some grizzled old timers. I have profound respect for your accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.