PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well I am now retired as of today and can finally start enjoying the cellar. Oh where to start, what should I have, that is the question.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Congratulations! I working toward my third retirement and maybe I can afford it when I get through.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I plan on another few years, mainly so I can accumulate more toys.. :wink:

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Outstanding! Congratulations.

I retired 2 years ago & have not looked back...too much to do. Took my watch off & have not worn a tie since (except at my son's wedding).

Enjoy your freedom & have a great time!

Congratulations!!!
When working for myself, I don't have retirement to look forward to. I just told my kids to shove my dead body off of my workbench and finish all of the pending jobs. I'd hate to die knowing that my customer's work didn't get finished. Just unshackle me from this bench and start the pyre, don't forget to pile on all of my tobaccos and pipes.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
May you be content with not getting up and going to work, not wondering what to do for weekend as all the days are weekends, starting to have hearing problems as you tell your wife it must be ageing problems, selective hearing we call it. No plans, they are for working people, just do what you want. Read, Smoke, shoot the shit with people in town who interest you, time of no consequence, that's what it's all about. ENJOY!

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
CONGRATULATIONS! A co-worker of mine had a retirement ceremony yesterday. While I'm still half-a-career away from retirement, I love seeing and hearing about others reaching this "promised land" milestone.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Excellent!!! Congratulations to you Sir! What a great feeling it must be.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Yes indeed, welcome to the club! It took me several months to find my retirement groove. I hope it goes easier for you.
I retired last September but accepted an offer to come back and help with some pharmacy regulatory issues. I agreed as long as I could set my own days to come in and my own hours. So far it's been working well. I spend most of my time walking around the hospital campus with a clipboard in one hand and a coffee cup in the other. Keeps me in pipes and tobacco. Beats mall walking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As the old saying goes, now that I'm retired I don't know how I ever had time to work. I feel like the pace of life picked up a lot, probably because there is more variety and more choices to be made in the course of a day, rather than a more regular schedule and agenda. Congratulations! Somehow I think Forums members are self selected to not be people who sit around twiddling their thumbs. Enjoy.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Smoke the blend you value the most and celebrate the beginning of your less fettered existence.

Congratulations.

I'd been retired a year before I found pipes and pipe tobacco and it has been three years in about a week.

This hobby, forum, and community have provided me hours of pleasure, enjoyment, and camaraderie.

You should transition very smoothly having already made those discoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.