Retailer Estate Pipe Price Negotiations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Has anyone ever attempted or been successful in negotiating prices on estate pipes with on-line houses such as Smokingpipes.com? Only reason I’m asking is that I’ve noticed some interesting pipes that were originally listed as Estates 4-5 months ago still available. Thanks!☕

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Has anyone ever attempted or been successful in negotiating prices on estate pipes with on-line houses such as Smokingpipes.com? Only reason I’m asking is that I’ve noticed some interesting pipes that were originally listed as Estates 4-5 months ago still available. Thanks!☕
I've made trades and used their layaway.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No reason in the world you couldn't give it a try. All they could say was no. Or they might be willing to deal on the basis that you wouldn't spread the word because they don't want to devote staff time to reaching deals on an ongoing basis. I think if you asked about a specific pipe, on a one-time basis, you might strike it lucky. I'd say there is more possibility on higher end pipes.

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I have not tried it with Smokingpipes.com before, but it never hurts to ask. The worst that can happen is that they say "no, sorry." They run 10%-20% off sales on specific or even all estate pipes from time to time, so asking for a similar discount may be possible. Good luck!

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️
Status
Not open for further replies.