PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I had been trying to add some burley "oomph" to Prince Albert, since it only comes in a big tub now, and I don't generally like mild tobaccos, except on occasion.

Preliminary Results:

Kelly's Coin: Worked very well in first round at 50/50. After some experimentation, about 1/3 Kelly's to to 2/3 PA was best.
C&D Cubed Burley: I thought this would be the best approach, but it didn't work out. Only tried 50/50. It never made it to the second round wherein I would tweak the proportions.
Five Brothers: To my surprise, the best in the initial round at 50/50, but never found a proportion wherein I liked the sum of the parts over the ingredients.

Final results of my first (and perhaps only) blending experiment:

I like Prince Albert and Five Brothers best on their own (not so sure about the C&D Cubed Burley). I now would rather follow up one by the other in subsequent bowls rather than try to blend them. I'm clearly no blender, and it seemed I was trying to make one have the qualities of the other. From this point, I will enjoy them on their own, as they were intended to be. Especially PA and 5 Bros. It was still fun to try though. It all started with liking Prince Albert very much, but having a propensity to less mild tobaccos.

It was a success, because I appreciate them all on their own more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.