PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
I got this pipe as a freeby with the purchase of another pipe. At first I thought I would do the bare minimum, but I wouldn't have been happy with myself. So I decided to rusticate the carve triangle patterns, which turned out nicely. I was going to leave the thin boarder a natural finish and blacken the newly rusticated triangles, but i just looked bad so i decided to stain the whole thing black, and leave the rim natural. I like how it looks and can't complain one bit.thumbnail_IMG_6693.jpgthumbnail_IMG_6694.jpg

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
Thanks, I’m trying to determine if I’m going to keep it. I’ve got about 25-30 pipes I’ve restored or in the process of doing so. But I could just keep it just for the fact I don’t have on WDC

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think rustication has become a specialized art. It used to be a factory pipe method of hiding flaws, but more and more, it has become a means of originality and self expression. You've done a fine job on this pipe; I especially like the smooth lighter finish on the brim.

T-townrestore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2021
Tacoma
Well I’ve done rustication on two different pipes. Both were for that reason. This one to make triangles more visually appealing. The other pipe an Arlington that I got at the same time as this pipe, and the fill marks were so bad I had hide all them. It turned out nice, but not quite as nice as this one.