PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the social/solitary scale, I think I've reaped real benefits when I've tried harder socially, and I think I could have gotten more that I wanted from work had I gone father in that direction. Every more solitary endeavor benefits from social self-promotion ... not shameless self aggrandizement, but that probably goes a long way too, though I can't do it worth a damn or at all. For example, the small percent of visual artists who achieve name-recognition status figure out how to make their social interface pay off, even when they spend much of their time working and hiding from people. I think some children probably need bragging lessons. I never got mine.

Reactions: BlueMaxx

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
May he go up like a roman candle, without taking his neighborhood with him.
Nah. He's a charter fishing captain and the extra gas goes into his boat. The marina he works out of sometimes doesn't get regular gas deliveries so he likes to keep 50 gallons stored just in case. The marina has a small cinder block building with a vented room so he keeps the cans in there.

Interestingly, in this time of "shelter-in-place" and essential businesses only being open, the state is allowing charter captains to continue operating. The recreational charter boats are six passengers or less by law but reality is, most of the charters are for two customers.

Reactions: Bowie and BlueMaxx
Status
Not open for further replies.