Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Congrates on the dog! Boys need a good dog to play with! :clap:
Pits have been given a bum rap in recent history. Their biggest problem is that they want to please their owner. Unfortunately a lot of their owners are thugs.
In the early 1900's pits were considered a wonderful "family" dog. The RCA dog was a pit
The problem with pits today is they are not the pits of yesterday! They are being bred to be more aggressive, just like breeding out hip problems in dogs, these "thugs" are breeding in the bad traits. SO SAD!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Bigbo I have to say how could someone treat such a fine animal wrong , what a fine face , I love that dog, dogs are not bad people are. You and your family have got a winner.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My wife rescued Voluntario Salsipuedes Guiterrez (A.K.A. Eddie) while on a trip to Yuma, Arizona last year. He joined our two whippets, Senator K. Thorvaldson and Maxwell Evarts Perkins and our cat, Chloe-St.John-Flaming-Golden-Eyed-Witch-From-Hell, and immediately won over all of our hearts.
LOL...great names...hilarious.
On a more serious note...Amores Perros is an exceptionally good movie that to a large extent centers around the despicable practice of dog fighting. As a dog lover, I wasn’t sure I could watch it, but it was very well done and no animals were hurt in making it. Dogs such as Pitts and Rotts of course are particularly victimized by this. The movie is about much more than dog fighting, but it has a good message related to the relationship between humans and dogs.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Very cool story! Glad everything worked out! I love dogs, had one growing up, and the parents have 2 new ones now. I, sort of sadly, won't be getting a dog anytime soon because of this girl (Chewie) and her sister (Yoda).
null-11.jpg

reepicheep

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
The only thing better than a good dog, is two good dogs. I have two Basset Hounds myself, both from the pound, and they are a vital part of my family. I hope she becomes a part of your family and give you years of joy and company.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks for all the great comments and encouragement. Abby I have to say is a special girl. Tonight my two year old was having a hard time falling asleep and Abby just layed down by his bed and kept him company until he fell asleep. As soon as he did she walked out and started chewing on her bone. We are just so thrilled with this girl.

@bradley I don't know why anyone would treat her badly. I honestly think her owners before the last ones probably were trying to make her mean. That pisses me off. She is just way to nice to try to turn mean.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
She is adjusting quite well with the family. Here she is snuggling with my 4 yr old.

30f9c545-1041-42dd-bbe8-181ab3eb7831_zps469ac85f.jpg

He finally fell asleep right on her

afe2b207-9cda-43ec-98af-9b8ab53fdd6a_zps44c506b0.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good Lord.
Could you please post something just a little bit cuter?
Dogs and boys need each other.
I am so happy for you, your family and Abby.
Fnord

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yep...you’ve definitely got a new family member now bigboi...better stock up on the dog food. :lol:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Bigbol you made me smile just now, came in from some tractor work, back doing a lot better, drinking a cold one and I see the pics of family and dog , I"ve got a smile from ear to ear.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nice story. Always great to rescue an animal and make them part of the family. All of my animals have been rescues including the two kittens I just took in that were abandoned at a local park.
By the way I think its stupid when landlords refuse dogs because they're Staffordshire Terriers or anything they think looks like a Pitbull. All dogs are capable of biting, all dogs think about biting at some point, and all dogs will bite if put in the right situation. The breed doesn't matter. Staffy's and American Pitbull Terriers are very loyal animals and were the family pet of the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's to many. They used to be popular because they were a great family pet, but unfortunately they're known for fighting dogs in today's society.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
OH! She purrrdy Bigboi! Thanks for adopting her! My baby (5yrs old) is a pitt mix and the most gentle docile dog you could hope for. I hate the Witch Hunt against them, especially since 99% of the time it's the owners' fault when something bad happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.