PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Well I don’t own any Barlings so I was able to pick up this one on EBay . It needed some work and bad pictures kept the price fantastic. This thread is picture heavy. I started out cleaning, retort,reaming, etc. View attachment 57571. The stem needed some work Tooth marks and the button was in not the best shape. I fixed all those issues as best I could.View attachment 57572View attachment 57573View attachment 57574View attachment 57575View attachment 57576View attachment 57577. Next I was pretty happy then I dropped the stem and the Tendon stapped off. This is the original stem so I want to keep it that way. I contacted Walker pipe and he will be replacing the tendon. View attachment 57578View attachment 57579View attachment 57580
Walker Pipe Repair did a great job on one of my tenons
?

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
I match my pots shaped like yours for flake tobacco's...to me it seems like it make it tastier and longer smoking experience.

Let us know how it smokes when you get it back from Mike please.

Reactions: ofafeather

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Well I don’t own any Barlings so I was able to pick up this one on EBay . It needed some work and bad pictures kept the price fantastic. This thread is picture heavy. I started out cleaning, retort,reaming, etc. View attachment 57571. The stem needed some work Tooth marks and the button was in not the best shape. I fixed all those issues as best I could.View attachment 57572View attachment 57573View attachment 57574View attachment 57575View attachment 57576View attachment 57577. Next I was pretty happy then I dropped the stem and the Tendon stapped off. This is the original stem so I want to keep it that way. I contacted Walker pipe and he will be replacing the tendon. View attachment 57578View attachment 57579View attachment 57580
Nice job!
I fixed an amputated tenon recently. I smoothed out the slightly jagged part of the stem, and glued a piece of delrin in the hole. Luckily my delrin was the same diameter as the mortise.

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Just smoked the first bowl out of it. I got to be honest this maybe my favorite pipe. Wow !! Smoked cool and draw was perfect. I REALLY, like it. Light and clenching is effortless. I may need to pick up another 1533.

Reactions: ofafeather

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
I m now on my 3rd bowl . Almost back to back. Smoking Haddos. I honestly have never had a sweet tasting bowl in my life. I herd others talk about it. Maybe it’s in my head, but this pipe seems to have a sweet wood taste to it I have never experienced. It’s weird. The draw is not open, but not restricted. , the tobacco seems to smoke by design slowly. The thin shank gets warm but not the bowl. ? I’m really digging it. It’s kind of weird. I love the flavor the pipe is giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.