PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Hi gentle people,

I was wondering whether a ghost flavor can be removed from a pipe with barely any cake, simply by smoking a different tobacco in on?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
It should. How long it takes is the question. I would make sure the shank and mortise are truly clean. I mean that a pipe cleaner comes out clean soaked in the highest concentration of alcohol you have. What kind of blend you plan on smoking in it will make a difference too.
Mike S.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yes, that works. I watched Ghost Busters last week, "I ain't afraid of no ghost!" Most blend's don't leave much aftertaste. Anything with deertongue or Lakeland is more likely to leave a taste. Some people dedicate a pipe to a type of tobacco, aromatic, latakia, etc. Others just smoke whatever combo that strikes their fancy at the moment.
Buy a cob or clay pipe. If you are worried about a particular blend, use that pipe initially, so you know how it behaves.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
Ghosts, by their nature, are ephemeral :D
On a more serious note. All ghosts can be smoked out. Some will take longer but they will disappear eventually.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ran one of these threads the other day, Find a burley blend you like, and smoke the ghost out. That seems to be the advice around these parts. I am leaning towards Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture and Carter Hall. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.