Removing Cigar Label Band

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anthony416

Sep 30, 2016
I am not a regular smoker of cigars but opened a nice one yesterday (A. Fuente Gran Reserva - Chateau Fuente Natural) but with a cigar that is only 4.5 long (ring 50) it seemed to smoke just to the band would mean about 25% would be unsmoked. Since this for me was an expensive cigar I thought I would just remove the band but unfortunately it stuck to the wrapper a bit and unraveled it! I thought that the band would come off easy.....lesson learnt I guess, next time smoke to the band before trying anything that may damage the cigar :(

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
I am not a regular smoker of cigars but opened a nice one yesterday (A. Fuente Gran Reserva - Chateau Fuente Natural) but with a cigar that is only 4.5 long (ring 50) it seemed to smoke just to the band would mean about 25% would be unsmoked. Since this for me was an expensive cigar I thought I would just remove the band but unfortunately it stuck to the wrapper a bit and unraveled it! I thought that the band would come off easy.....lesson learnt I guess, next time smoke to the band before trying anything that may damage the cigar :(
I take them off before I light them. If they stick, I use a heat gun to soften the glue and remove it.

Reactions: anthony416

anthony416

Sep 30, 2016
Thanks for the feedback, all good advice. Apart from the issue, I really enjoyed the taste of that cigar and will order a few more to help with the lock-down!

tavol

Mar 23, 2018
A quote from a Sherlock Holmes episode

"If you want to take your place in British society I advise that you remove the band of your Havana Cigar or one might reasonably be considered a bounder"

Reactions: anthony416

daveinlax

Preferred Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’m a cigar enthusiast and it’s frustrating when that happens. If You leave the band on for awhile the heat seems to help with getting the band off. 🤓