"Remember Me" button now on the forum home page!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Many of you might not know, but PM.com has had a "remember me" button since the beginning. The only problem is no one could remember where it was! The only way to get to it was to purposely put in an incorrect password and it would bring you to this page...
screen-capture-1.png

But as I was sitting across from Kevin, I got signed out and had to login once again. So I took a chance and asked Kevin it would be too much trouble to get a "remember me" button on the home page. I guess it wasn't too much to ask because 10 minutes later Kevin had worked his magic and the button went live! You can now find it here...
screen-capture-2.png

This makes it so much easier to stay connected to our favorite site, so we all need to thank Kevin for doing an amazing job!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
And just as I was about to type in a phoney password too.
Thanks Kevin.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Could you put a "Remember Me" at the Forum page login as well? That is the page I link/open to generally. Also, after I do log in from there, it always takes me to the mag home page and I have to then go back to forums page. I like going to the mag page, but it is a bother when I'm just trying to get to the forums straight off.
No biggie though. Either way. Not wanting to alwasy be bothersome. (It was part of my job at one time to "break" websites, so sometimes I can get too picky I guess. I'm certainly not technically perfect. :)

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
It's on the main page http://pipesmagazine.com but not on forum http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/ . Probably a pain in the @r$e to put it on all pages XD At least it's on the main which is probably the most common.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Just suggestions to "sleek-a-fy" things. You can even put it on the long-term, low-priority list. Just trying to kindly help a good site. I would't care if I never came here! :)

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Wow, I didn't even notice that. I always login from the forum's home page and never the front page, but I guess when Kevin was working on that I must have logged in on the front page! My apologies ps27!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, it's now on the forum login.
Can someone try it and tell me if it works?
Check the Remember Me box, and login.
Then while still logged in, completely close your browser (all windows)
Leave it shut down for a minute, then come back and see if you are logged in.
For a real good test, let me know if it works after a re-boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.