PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I took my new foreman out for a drink tonight after work. We had, had a difficult concrete pour given the weather and the guys hazed him pretty good all week especially after he dropped and expensive nail gun and broke it. So we are ordering a drink and I ordered a Bushmills Irish Whiskey. He says are you protestant? I gave him a funny look and said why do you ask, he says cause you ordered Bushmills. That's Protestant Irish Whiskey. He went on to explain that the priests in Ireland only drink Jameson cause it's Catholic. I shook my head and said well you can have whatever you like but usually I get what I like cause Ive never seen a bottle of Whiskey go to church! Thank God pipe tobacco isn't religious geeze that would be a hell of a way to mess up a perfectly good hobby!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I assumed that all whiskey was religious in Ireland, but I never knew which were Protestant and which were Catholic...interesting.

Aug 1, 2012
Thank God pipe tobacco isn't religious
So what happens when you smoke Presbyterian Mixture in an Old Church (Ashton that is)? Plus, if you're Baptist you're not supposed to have tobacco therefore the pipe, and it's tobacco, is quite religious. The whisky thing on the other hand is just silly. :nana:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
My local liquor store has a sign that says "HAUNTED STORE, FULL OF SPIRITS!!!" I loved it. I would assume if you required your drink to be religious, the best way would be to get it blessed... This is just too weird.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Lol you guys kill me! Course I wonder what happens if you were baptized in coors light. It is just like water after all

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
This probably explains why I always find my tins of Three Nuns and Presbyterian Mixture knocked off their shelves in my "cellar." :evil:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have eyed those estate pipes from Israel, but most are just butt-ugly, unlike the girls I fell in love with at Jewish summer camp, who were hotter than a Zippo.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
You know it should be a prerequisite for all politicians to smoke a pipe we would have much more levity in this world!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
well I hope my whiskey is atheist, because the best things in lief are sinful.
I don't know about that statement. For me, some of the best things in life made me scream "Oh My GOD"...

Status
Not open for further replies.