PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
Just thought I’d update. Almost a month after coming down with he virus and losing taste/smell, my sense of taste has returned and I’m able to taste foods and drinks almost fully again and enjoy it. My sense of smell isn’t quite up to par yet, but I have been able to smoke a few pipes and not be turned off by it. Progress!
Good, another week or so, you should be perfect, glad to hear your on the mend ??

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Any persistent illness, healing injury, or surgery, I'd stay off the pipe until healed, plus a week past that. I'm not sure I always follow this guideline, but I think it is a good one. Smoking is known to restrict the smallest blood vessels, the capillaries, and this in turn slows healing. You don't want this monster back, or even lingering. Since you aren't enjoying the smoking right now anyway, it's an easy choice not to smoke. Mostly, I wish you rapid and comfortable healing, and that you get one hundred percent soon.
yeah one thing that's not like a flu or cold is the damage it can do to the respiratory tract. A cold or flu just swells and clogs up the breathing where as Covid can damage the cells lining the bronchial tubes basically leading to spontaneous autogenous pneumonia or in other words your lungs get cellular fluid from the cells in the bronchial and you want to make sure you're not dealing with that before smoking.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
With all due respect - I don't know why everyone continues to refer to it as 'covid' - the specific virus has not been isolated and YES I AGREE and do not deny that something has been going around but Covid(disease? what disease-) was a term coined by the CDC - I just say virus -regardless, the cdc WHO and Hopkins and officials have been grouping it with influenza in the numbers - If it is a coronavirus - It's a chest cold - I had something last December and I smoked thereafter - treated it like a cold. period.
With all due respect, what bull!!! QAnon much? Of course, we know what virus it is. We have already mapped its DNA...without which we would have no vaccine or hope of creating one. Where do people come up with this cow pattie bull? Sure, some people are mildly impacted. Others are completely devastated and die from this virus and its complications. It figures you would be one of the lucky ones. Chest colds are caused by many different viruses. Coronaviruses are a huge virus with various branches (genetically) being the cause of many ailments that are not deadly while other branches are deadly. To dismiss this coronavirus as a common cold does nothing more than prove your ignorance. And for you to say you had it last December....that is the final proof of your crap statements since it had not made it to the USA at that point in time.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
With all due respect, what bull!!! QAnon much? Of course, we know what virus it is. We have already mapped its DNA...without which we would have no vaccine or hope of creating one. Where do people come up with this cow pattie bull? Sure, some people are mildly impacted. Others are completely devastated and die from this virus and its complications. It figures you would be one of the lucky ones. Chest colds are caused by many different viruses. Coronaviruses are a huge virus with various branches (genetically) being the cause of many ailments that are not deadly while other branches are deadly. To dismiss this coronavirus as a common cold does nothing more than prove your ignorance. And for you to say you had it last December....that is the final proof of your crap statements since it had not made it to the USA at that point in time.

Thank you for that, Doctor. ?‍♂️

Reactions: olkofri

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio

Thanks for calling him out. That kind of misinformation is why the virus continues to spread even more than it did in the beginning.

they isolated the virus almost a year ago. COVID-19 is the name of the disease that the virus causes. Not a chest cold, though it can manifest that way. I’ve got friends in the medical field who have been dealing with it for months on end and have had family members come very, very close to death because of it. I’ve managed to avoid it, so far...

I hope all of you who have it experience a speedy recovery!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Just thought I’d update. Almost a month after coming down with he virus and losing taste/smell, my sense of taste has returned and I’m able to taste foods and drinks almost fully again and enjoy it. My sense of smell isn’t quite up to par yet, but I have been able to smoke a few pipes and not be turned off by it. Progress!
Thanks for reporting back. It's good to have first-hand relations of this particular affliction's pathology, specially since you cannot trust a word about it the MSM and the 'official' channels say.

Reactions: DonutLuvr
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

And what is Quanon? Whatever it is aren't you just using it to discredit the next guy. I see you all the time criticizing another persons points of view..

Sir you are a communist, a speech suppressing Marxist!

Reactions: Kozeman and olkofri
Jan 27, 2020
Good luck! I was going to post something about the paradox (for lack of a better word) that we create in life. Most the time I'm thinking about what I not have or whatever, but a few times a year I get this gastrointestinal issues, which puts me in awful pain for 6 or so hours, and all I can wish for in that time is to feel normal. Sadly, when I do feel better all those existential wants inch back. Such is the human condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.