PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
so I've not the tools or time to keep my pipes UTD. But some are getting pretty sour and the stems are greening. I clean after most every smoke with a cleaner or two run through and a good rub down with my shirt. But apparently that's not doing the job. Anyone got any recommendations who I could send them off to to get the work done. Just stem and bowl polish, and a good cleaning. I do have one bit that has and off kilter airway. It smokes fine, just looks unseemly. So any ideas or relative costs?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Mike Myers at Walker Pipe Repair will do a "Ream, Clean and Polish" starting at $16. I do not know if that includes his ozone treatment, but that treatment is well worth it, starting off $5 for the first pipe and $2 per each additional pipe.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Awesome. That's WAY cheaper than I figured it'd be! Will that get a green stem black and shiny again? And what's his "ozone" treatment?

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Never mind, I found his site. Looks like it's just what I am looking for

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
This is a timely topic as I just won my first "project" pipe on eBay. I am not sure I am up to the task, and being it is a nice pipe, Savinelli Punto Oro, it my be worth sending it off for a good fixin'.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
This is a service I also offer. You can check my website at www.rebuiltbriars.com
Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.