PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’m a Community drinker. It’s available at the grocery store, comes from a Louisiana company, convenient, and has K-cups which I use in my classroom at work. But now that summer is here I actually have a little time to dick around with stuff like this, so I’m looking for some new beans to try out.

I like pretty much any roast, but prefer lighter roast more these days. Preparation will probably be either drip or French press.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I buy all of my coffee from The Roasterie out of KCMO. I have a standing order of their KC Blend and their KC Blend Dark. The KC Blend is a light roast with coffees from Columbia, Brazil, and Costa Rica. It is a great morning blend. I reserve the darker roast from later in the day. I have been buying from them for well over 20 years and their roasting and bean selection is beyond reproach. I just ordered some single estate varietals from them last night (Columbian Pitalito Estate (dark), Brazilian Fazenda Lagoa (medium), and Costa Rican Don Quijote (light)). I have had all of these before (and others) and I can, also, recommend any of their various espresso blends, if you have the urge for that. I used to buy and tweak the espressos when I had more time. The earlier recommended blends are great either pressed, dripped, or pour over. They have great mail order online.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Several of my local coffee sources that are available online include Counter Culture which I think is in Durham; Muddy Dog, in Morrisville; and Larry's Beans in Raleigh, all N.C.. Lately we've settled in with Chock Full of Nuts, which is pretty generally available from groceries or Amazon. I'm easily pleased with coffee, but my wife is more selective, and she likes CFON.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I like pretty much any roast, but prefer lighter roast more these days. Preparation will probably be either drip or French press.
As much of a fan of Ethiopian beans as I am, based on the above statement I'll recommend something else. Ethiopia can be dark and acidic which is fantastic when you want that sort of thing.

For a true relaxing morning brew my favorite is pretty much any Guatemalan estate bean. Estate just means it comes from a single location and not from all over the place.

Amongst Guatemalan beans, one of the top is Finca El Injerto Bourbon (it has nothing to do with bourbon, I don't know how it got this name).

Stumptown currently has some available:

STC-Shopify-Guatemala-El-Injerto_Product-Image-Transparent-PNG_EDIT_375x.png

I recommend a burr grinder, a French press, and also taking a few sips before adding anything like sugar or cream. This is a sit down and savor coffee and will likely be different from what you are use to. You'll be surprised how much more flavor it has and you won't want your typical sugar and cream quantities.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
As much of a fan of Ethiopian beans as I am, based on the above statement I'll recommend something else. Ethiopia can be dark and acidic which is fantastic when you want that sort of thing.

For a true relaxing morning brew my favorite is pretty much any Guatemalan estate bean. Estate just means it comes from a single location and not from all over the place.

Amongst Guatemalan beans, one of the top is Finca El Injerto Bourbon (it has nothing to do with bourbon, I don't know how it got this name).

Stumptown currently has some available:

STC-Shopify-Guatemala-El-Injerto_Product-Image-Transparent-PNG_EDIT_375x.png

I recommend a burr grinder, a French press, and also taking a few sips before adding anything like sugar or cream. This is a sit down and savor coffee and will likely be different from what you are use to. You'll be surprised how much more flavor it has and you won't want your typical sugar and cream quantities.
That is a good coffee too!

Status
Not open for further replies.