PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
H&H Blackhouse

I usually have a tin or two around for when I want a “campfire-esque” smoke. Latakia, Orientals, a bit of dark-fired, generously packed into one blend. They released a 10th Anniversary blend that I have in my cellar, but am saving for it for a few years; their regular blend fits the bill for me.

Mar 1, 2014
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
They say the flavor from this stuff has some kick.
Great tasting blend. Puts #400 on the sidelines in my opinion.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
As with flavor, spice is also subjective.

A blend that I absolutely love that many claim is spicy but I don't think is spicy is GH&C Louisiana Flake.

I find the "peppery" perique people associate with this blend is much more "plummy" when smoked slow and cool. The pepper only really picks up with a little extra heat.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have often found blends that are noted as being heavy on the perique to be spicy. The heavier the spicier and most often something in the C&D lineup. I found Kajun Kake to be spicy -- so much so that it was off-putting to me.

I think there is definitely a broad range of "spicy" blends where some are of a sour kind (i.e. Blackhouse w/ orientals) and others of a more for a lack of better words harsh kind that I get from C&D blends. C&D blends tend to tickle my throat with the spice whereas those from orientals are like a cooking condiment if that makes sense.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I find the "peppery" perique people associate with this blend is much more "plummy" when smoked slow and cool. The pepper only really picks up with a little extra heat.
That’s what I love about VaPer, when I’m getting bored of the sweet flavors I pick up the pace and get that pepper kick and vise versa. It seems my palate quickly gets used to flavors and they become dull so VaPers keep it tasty for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.