PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I've got a good dozen or so Mac Baren tins just aging in the cellar, and Plumcake is one of them. I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of jarred blends I have going right now (about three dozen), but your description intrigues me nonetheless. I just pulled the tin out to check the date...January 2015. Does it age well?
I am very new to the blend as well, so I am not sure on aging - that said, the tin I am currently on is a couple years old and tastes great. If you are looking for a naturally 'fruity' blend with the tiniest bit of Latakia, pop that sucker open asap haha :) Cheers!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd been meaning to buy a handful of individual tobaccos, so that I could get a better sense of what each one tastes like on its own, and what they're contributing to the blends I like. The recent sale on Sutliff bulks inspired me to get to it!

1230_order.jpg

If it doesn't come through in the picture, I got: Bright Virginia, Stoved Virginia, Perique, Dark-Fired Kentucky, Izmir Turkish, and White Burley. (Keen eyes will note that many of them are actually C&D -- I had a list of individual tobaccos that I wanted to try first, and in some cases, theirs seemed "purer" or were just what was available.)

And since Cringle Flake was still available, I figured that was my sign to snag a tin and try it too. puffy

Last edited:

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
W
Boy this year is going out with a bang, two orders in at SPC, another small order just a box of BBF at another distributor, and a bundle of cigars and looks like it's all landing today... does that mean that after this my new year's resolution should be to buy less tobacco as it's all landing on the 31st?
Yup great end to the year some pipe baccy and a bundle of Sig III

My bad have one more box on the way lol.
6B82A474-C2A4-430B-9DDB-D483F2E78E9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.