PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
The girlfriend and I love to go antiquing which is an excellent opportunity for me to find pipe related and DE shaving related items without her getting mad at me for buying them. :nana:
Our latest venture was to a HUGE and I mean HUUUGE antique/fle market that is held once a month at the rose bowl in Pasadena CA. We walked the whole thing and it took us about 3 hours to do! I scored a beautiful Gillete black beauty razor along with some other random things such as belt buckles, and something I have wanted/needed for some time now. I scored this beautiful "deco" pipe stand/ ash tray with cork knocker. I have wanted something to have while out on the balcony to set my pipe down when needed, I was using my lap!
I am finally using it and enjoying my day off smoking some breckenridge out of my SMS lattice meerschaum and of course enjoying a beer... Duh. :puffy:

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
If that happens to be one of the 800 series Zippo's with the 4-barrel hinge be careful with it. They are no longer tack welding those hinges under warranty. They will just send you a new case instead.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Nice score. That's looks just like my grandfathers Decatur pipe stand/tray that now sits beside my recliner and is used daily.
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.