PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
HI, I put in an order that qualified for the free pipe promotion on P&C. I am extremely happy with it! I didn't have high hopes and I normally get my tobacco from another online source, but they didn't have a blend I was searching for in stock so I went with P&C. The pipe is a Royal Dutch (I am not familiar with the brand) but the grain is beautiful and it appears well drilled and without obvious fills etc... It is not of a style I would likely have tried, but I am actually very fond of it! going to give it a smoke now and see how it performs. All in all, very happy with the experience and would recommend :) I am curious how others have fared with the promotion? ....Also I tried a taste comparison promotion of a couple of aromatic blends, one of the tins "Wild Hare" (produced in America for STG by Lane) was unsealed in the tin, is this normal for this sort of blend?
20181013_1228561-150x130.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A marriage made in heaven. Frequently pipes given to me as gifts, that I haven't selected, open the door to something new, in a good way. Despite my earlier "sermon" on another thread about taking trouble to select pipes so as to learn about them. This sounds like an excellent pipe; you hit the jackpot.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Smoked my first bowl in this fellow and it was great! Had some Early Morning Pipe (which is in my regular rotation) and it behaved exactly as expected. Lovely little smoker! Very pleased with the whole experience! I wish the same good fortune to all those who gave/give the promotion a try! Have a great weekend!

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Mine got jacked in the Houston distribution center. UPS says it arrived empty and they would notify the shipper. I don't have high hopes. I'm just happy the to. A o shipped seperate. Cause I forgot to enter the code and contacted them a minute later that I forgot. So it shipped seperate. Whew, the black house made it safely!!!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Royal Dutch pipes are made by Gubbels, the same company that make Big Ben. The name comes from the former name of the factory. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.