Read This if You'd Like to Know More About Cigars (Specifically Nicaraguan)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Attendees of previous years' tours were sent an entire bundle of 20 of their custom cigars, but they stopped this practice just this year because of logistics.
A whole custom bundle! Crazy. No wonder they didn't keep that up.
I was also really fascinated by the worm/fertilizer stuff. I keep reading how Plasencia really gives a damn about how land management and soil health affect long-term productivity-- not just for their organic line-- and it makes me wonder how much of an outlier they are in this respect. You think most brands out there are just using conventional anhydrous ammonia fertilizer and spraying their crop with whatever pesticide is cheapest?
I'm planning to visit Fuente or La Aurora or both next winter -- maybe I'll get to find out.

Reactions: blues4goose

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
What a great writeup. Did you get a chance to drink any Flor de Cana rum? It’s made in Nicaragua and my favorite rum. Also if you liked that writeup, then check out this video:

having a San Lotano conneticut as i enjoyed this read. By the way, I have done some technical writing, and that was very well written. I would love to take a trip to Nicaragua and film my visit.

Last edited:

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
What a great writeup. Did you get a chance to drink any Flor de Cana rum? It’s made in Nicaragua and my favorite rum. Also if you liked that writeup, then check out this video:

having a San Lotano conneticut as i enjoyed this read. By the way, I have done some technical writing, and that was very well written. I would love to take a trip to Nicaragua and film my visit.

Oh boy did we drink Flor de Cana. Unlimited supply throughout, plus Tona beer which is also made down there.
And I made sure to get a liter of Flor de Cana from the duty free on my way back.
And I really appreciate the kind words. I hope I get to do the same in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.