PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Now,some of You may remember when I was sharing photos of poorly performed banding job on my Dunhill , it was fitted hastily and was not in accordance to the shank form, this took me a full 3 hours of intensive labor to get the band fitted more properly and to achieve more or less eye-pleasing overall form, yes it took some nerves and still today I can't stop wondering why they did not wanna do this at the shop as they should have, but leaving me to redo the job
CIMG0677.JPGCIMG0679.JPGCIMG0682.JPGCIMG0678.JPGCIMG0683.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm no silversmith, but it looks like a fine job to me. Les Wood might well approve. He's the Ferndown pipe maker who was a silver and metal smith at Dunhill for years before going on his own. I can see that would be some serious work to get the flat side of the band to adhere to the shank.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@mso489 , Thank You, Sir,I will keep this in mind for future reference, but to be honest, this very pipe ain't no worth to sending it anywhere no more cuz I already did overpay for it when I was buying it at one of the danish vendors, yet in order to be on the safe side I would not recommend doing this at home unless one has proper tools handy &patience, but now band fitting is snug and I'm pretty satisfied (not completely)with the results

Reactions: burleyboy and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Looks much better. I’d be more upset about whatever they did to the shank right before the silver band.

Status
Not open for further replies.