PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yep i quite like the shape. and the mount/spigot. never really sure how good they smoke having never purchase one. but if i did this would be the one.
I am slightly put off by the Rattray brand of pipes, simply because of their Scottish and Celtic imagery... yet the pipes are made somewhere like Poland or France?

Of course their tobaccos are made in Germany so I guess it shouldn't matter :ROFLMAO:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Those are some good looking pipes, especially the natural one in the middle. The spigot stem works well with that Rhodesian shape.

I am slightly put off by the Rattray brand of pipes, simply because of their Scottish and Celtic imagery... yet the pipes are made somewhere like Poland or France?

Of course their tobaccos are made in Germany so I guess it shouldn't matter :ROFLMAO:

Aren't you basically a Peterson fanatic?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Those are some good looking pipes, especially the natural one in the middle. The spigot stem works well with that Rhodesian shape.

Aren't you basically a Peterson fanatic?
Indeed.. a pipe MADE in Ireland that doesn't even use Triskeles or traditional Irish imagery.

Maybe I should be more clear.. I like the Celtic imagery, but find it Ironic that nothing about Rattray is related to Scotland at all.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Quite attractive. Are the spigots silver? Well, BROBS, the only thing connecting Rattray's to Scotland now is the historical origin of the brand. Never owned one. As an aside, do like Celtic imagery.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
I think the photo of the pipes looks great...maybe too great? I'd want to see one in person first. I do like what appears to be a bit of exposed briar in the grooves of the black one.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I think the photo of the pipes looks great...maybe too great? I'd want to see one in person first. I do like what appears to be a bit of exposed briar in the grooves of the black one.
I think it’s green.