PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't smoked Rattrays yet, but I shop tobacco all the time, for years. I'd guess the tin art changed about two or three years ago. It went very simple and old school. I kind of like it, solemn as it is.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I haven't smoked Rattrays yet, but I shop tobacco all the time, for years. I'd guess the tin art changed about two or three years ago. It went very simple and old school. I kind of like it, solemn as it is.

I like the artwork, though...Rattray’s tins have always been really attractive to me in an old world kinda way. Very regal looking, which is why I’m so curious. I display my favorite empty tins on my bookshelves.

He's only been here six months. Don't give him a decoder ring yet! nnnn

View attachment 43695

But we have the same name, therefore anything you say against me you also say against yourself which according to rule 302.17(d) means YOU gotta give ME your decoder ring, bud.

Should be some letters on the bottom. We can show you how to decode them.

the tin on the left is stamped a/h/e/t. The right, the one with the drawing, is, also a/h/e/t.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Your tins: May 2020
Not my spreadsheet calc and assume it's accurate till it isn't.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Not the insides. The outsides. What do they look like turned 180° around?

slightly different descriptions, one has a “flavor chart,” for lack of a better term. The retailer said that all of his stock came in the same shipment, so he must’ve just got a mixed lot of new/old.

Reactions: 3rdguy and mingc
Status
Not open for further replies.