PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The story doesn't quite add up. The sort of info he's claiming to be obligated to supply is for an online business, not a brick and mortar. Of all of the B&M's with whom I've been a walk-in customer over the years, probably a couple of dozen in California alone, exactly NONE of them has requested that information.

Online stores are a different matter, and states are requesting that information to make sure that taxes are paid on online sales.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
An anti-regulation rant for sure. Nothing I heard addressed society's aversion to smoking which is what drives the various governments, politicians seeking vote always play their base, cater to their base as they depend on them for maintaining their position. The poor guy simply doesn't understand what is really occurring, society as a whole abhors smoking ergo, elects politicians with similar views. He was even advised not to get into the tobacco. Sage advice he chose to ignore.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Interesting points he makes about a B&M needing personal information. Schwab's and Straus only know me by name and still do business with me.
Yeah that was the part that freaked me out , thinking about opening a B&M myself , Kentucky is out , if that’s how it be there …

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
The story doesn't quite add up. The sort of info he's claiming to be obligated to supply is for an online business, not a brick and mortar. Of all of the B&M's with whom I've been a walk-in customer over the years, probably a couple of dozen in California alone, exactly NONE of them has requested that information.

Online stores are a different matter, and states are requesting that information to make sure that taxes are paid on online sales.
True I run B&M skateshop and haven’t had any problems just have my EIN # and make sure to pay my Taxes , when I talked to my distributors about starting an online thing , they were like don’t do it , too much red tape , but I can’t imagine the hell dealing with the ATF , we‘ll see I guess