PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Wife and I have had seperate accounts for our main finances since early on and also a joint for our bills. We just add to the joint as the bills come in. It has worked great but she is finacially responsible as am I. She buys whatever she wants as do I.

As far as credit cards they are a fantastic thing as long as you pay them off monthly thereby building a credit score. My only one is Discover which I opened in 1991 when I was 21.

When the kids hit college time they all had a card that WE used to buy regular items and paid it off monthly. By the time they got out it is a 800 credit score helping for that car or 1st house. At this stage we really do not need to worry on credit scores as we are solid but from ages 18-50 this is how I would play the game again if I had to do it over. Plus if you have a business the rewards are fantastic. We have had thousands in gift cards and air travel free on points just using it for regular monthly expenses. Been to St Lucia free 3 times. She has asked the credit card company several times to raise the limit but they wont :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't speak for anyone, but I think it might, might be possible to patch together two or three methods of payment working with someone over the phone. I don't think it would work online simply because the payment page isn't programed to do it. But if someone could go to the various pay points, they might be able to patch it together, especially if the order were fairly expensive. I don't think they'd do it for a $93 pipe, though that sounds like a nice pipe to me. I'd only try this with retailers that are known for extra customer service, and be understanding if they can't do it.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.